3 Reasons To Start Nurturing Your Dead ATS in December
“In the bleak mid-winter, frosty candidates moan.
Recruiters never contact me, it’s like getting blood from a stone.”
– Genuine candidate hymn, 2013
December can be a horrifically quiet month in the world of recruitment.
There is also an artificial perception – created by recruiters – that results in an even bigger drop in productivity.
“Candidates never like to be spoken to in December.”
“They will be busy in the pub all the time. Like us.”
“Why talk to candidates when I can just send out New Year, New Career messages on LinkedIn?”
December though is just the same as any other month.
Your recruitment team should never spend the Christmas season scratching their heads and crawling the internet to finish off their last-minute shopping.
With January approaching, potential candidates will be considering their new year goals, of which one may be to find a new job.
Your team should be using this period to get ready for the new year by engaging with candidates now.
This means that your business is top of mind and you will be able to identify hire-ready candidates immediately.
If you send prospective candidates content that they find interesting, then they will engage.
And if they engage with you now, then they are less likely to engage with a competitor.
Three reasons why you should start nurturing your ATS data in December
- You already have a huge pool of potential candidates sitting in your ATS just waiting to be inspired. When you start talking to them, more than 10% of potential candidates will be interested in talking to you in a short period of time.
- Good quality candidates might be missed because of the spike in inbound enquiries that takes place in January – job board traffic increases sometimes by 24% – and although this might mean good candidates are active, you need to find them in a pile of terrible applications!
- Your competition will be sleeping in December, or be in the pub. Come January though they will try and speak to all of the top talent at the same time. Start the conversation with your candidates when no-one else is talking to them – now!
This is before you even think about the implications of GDPR – worryingly, 35% of business still have not started to think about GDPR.
Catch Billy’s TalentPipeShow where he was joined by Bill Boorman (Founder #tru Conferences, speaker, blogger and advisor) and Iker Jusue (Sourcing Innovation Lead at Solutions Driven); sharing a pragmatic guide to GDPR. This is a warm-up before we release our official Candidate.ID GDPR Playbook – Watch it here.
By re-engaging your poor-quality ATS data you can:
- Create up a strong and evergreen pipeline of hire-ready candidates who want to secure a position now.
- Using our easy update feature, candidates can provide you with key information so that you understand quickly whether they are right for a position.
- Reduce the impact of GDPR on your team and begin to manage the associated risks.
Talk to us about our ‘Wake The Dead’ approach today.