StartUpDate – A Round-Up Of What’s Happened At Our StartUp | 2017
With the new year just around the corner, this will be the last blog for 2017 so we have ensured it is jam-packed with a roundup of this year’s best content and achievements.
Let’s get the dreaded four-letter word out of the way. GDPR. As you know, we have been working endlessly to produce loads of great content to help guide you through the changes taking place. We want you to head into 2018 feeling confident about how you plan to handle the upcoming changes without having to give up your entire database which you have worked so hard to build. First off, you can read Billy’s blog and watch Billy’s Talentpipeshow: A pragmatic guide to GDPR, on how real recruiters plan to address GDPR in reality, not just in theory. Secondly, you can have a look at how to build GDPR compliant campaigns using Candidate.ID here. We will be realising a GDPR playbook soon so you can keep an eye out for that too.
Moving on to a brighter note, our partner Steve Ward, who has been recruiting for over 20 years and is generally regarded as one of the first practising social recruiters, wrote this blog on his predictions for the recruitment landscape for 2018. A definite must-read.
With our TalentTalk show gaining such momentum we have had quite a few additions to our Hall of Fame. View our speakers here and feel free to reach out if you would like to be included in one of our shows and be added to our list in 2018. We already have a number of great #TalentTalk shows scheduled for 2018. Keep up to date on all of our events on our events page here.
Looking back, it really has been a fantastic year. Here are a few of our highlights for 2017:
- We had the honour of presenting an award for the best candidate experience at the In-house Recruitment Awards
- Speaking at RecTechFest
- Candidate.ID listed as one of the ‘coolest’ recruitment tools by Germany’s Wolfgang Brickwedd
- Candidate.ID was nominated as a finalist in the HR Tech World Startup Competition
- Featuring on The Recruiting Animal Show, not once but twice – here’s Billy’s one, here’s Adams one
- Scot McRae presented at InHouse Recruitment Tech Talent Conference on the importance of personalisation, even at scale
- Our first Pop Production – Thriller
As we look back upon 2017, we would like to acknowledge those who have helped shape our business. Thanks for a great year! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and all the best for 2018.