A Guide To GDPR Compliance
In this TalentPipeShow Billy McDiarmid was joined by Iker Jusué, Sourcing Innovation Lead at Solutions Driven and Bill Boorman, founder #tru Conferences, speaker, blogger and advisor for an in-depth discussion on GDPR.
Worryingly, 35% of business still have not started to think about GDPR.
During this webinar Billy, Iker and Bill share with us their views on how agencies should be dealing with the upcoming changes.
Key takeaways from the show would be:
- Consent needs to be freely given
- Candidates cannot be negatively affected by their choice to not give consent
- The most important thing is transparency
- Do not hide your unsubscribe. Make it clear that you want to stay in touch, but on their terms
- Quality over quantity. If your DB decreases focus on maintaining a quality relationship with those who remain through quality content
Billy also shares with us a slide deck providing tips for how to make sure your process is GDPR compliant. You can download it here.
Please note that you must engage with a GDPR consultant or lawyer as the opinions expressed are our interpretation only.
We recommend Helen Haddon at ComplyGDPR for your legal questions.
Do get in touch if you would like to talk more about how Candidate.ID can improve the quality of your ATS data and support your compliance with GDPR.